Thursday, January 12, 2012

Still Behind!

So I was hoping that this paycheck tomorrow was going to catch me up on the bills.  No, still behind from the holidays and a family event.  It doesn't seem like because you put some bills off one payperiod that it should take you 4 payperiods to catch up!

Things are getting busier, we have kids in sports, I feel it is a necessary evil, if our kids have sports it keeps them in shape and busy so they don't even think of getting into trouble.  They have to keep their grades up to play and it builds character. But sports are spendy!!!!! Not so much the sport itself once you get shoes, and maybe a bit of gear, it is the travel as us parents go to every game!
We live in a rural area so we have to travel and of course we do not have economical cars, but they are paid for woo hoo.

So have to add game admission and extra fuel to the budget, I pack a picnic dinner for the road so no eating out, I have a crockpot of soup waiting for when we get home so that helps.

Really going over the budget, cutting where needed, was going to start putting some extra into savings this week but I feel I need to at least catch up with the bills so they are all current so then I can start saving for an emergency fund.

Will keep you posted...

2 comments:

  1. Hi - thanks for commenting on my blog, I'm glad sometimes that I live on a small island, my children went to the school at the end of our street and walked there, sport was at school and was free, they had one pair of trainers a year and if they got scruffy, then tough! they just did, they all had school uniform and the same for PE kit, so every child looked the same, shoes were regulation uniform too, so no competition for trendy shoes or trainers. If they went to an 'away' game at another school then the school bus took them, and parents didn't go. Here, we let our children do things without parents watching them. I'm also glad I can get the train to work and walk to the supermarket on my way back from the station and I don't buy more than I can carry. Same language but very different worlds - Love Froogs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very different world! We are definately at t he bottom of the pecking order, we drive older paid for cars, kids have no video games, don't have the name brand clothes, youngest daughter wears hand me downs from her older sisters. Son wears average jeans and thrift store dress up clothes. They do ok with it, I tell them the parents of the other kids are not doing them any favors by providing everything, they will have to learn someday how to rough it, life doesn't sail along forever, don't we both know that!!

    ReplyDelete